Wednesday, September 4, 2013

When There Aren't Words

But I'm going to use words anyway.

Welcome to eastern Washington.  When I hit the road I was wondering if I'd forgotten how to ride.  Nope!  In fact, I was astonished at how much more snappy and smooth my shifting had become.  I couldn't even tell the gears were changing it was so smooth.  I should have known something was wrong...
Moving on...
I love the sound of 60 Hz generation in the morning! This is Albeni Falls Dam, Idaho.
Where I'm goin'
Where I been...
Nice place for a lunch break.  Shortly after this break my clutch completely slipped out when I was shifting from 4th to 5th.  Not a good feeling.  Eventually when I came to a stop I had to stall the bike - or hit the kill switch. 

Too stubborn to go back towards Portland - I adjusted the clutch at the handlebar by a few threads to give me some friction back.  Good to go, for now.
Lake McDonald at Glacier National Park
That river way down in the middle feeds Lake McDonald.  You could say I gained some elevation on Going to the Sun Road.

The following are from a 3 mile hike at Logan's Pass - at the top of Going to the Sun Road.


 

We shared the trail...and a foot bridge.


Looking back from the East entrance to the park while on my way to a KOA.  Actually at that point I had no clue where I was going to stay.  I took a left out of the park grounds towards Canada and stumbled onto the KOA a mile down the road.

Strange as it sounds, I thought Glacier a nice place for people to honeymoon.  Stranger is that I shared breakfast the following morning with an older couple that hadn't been to Glacier since their honeymoon 35 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment